I’ve sat down several times to write a post and have just struggled with it. It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say, but I have a lot that probably shouldn’t be said. There are always struggles, trials, things you wish you could change, but there are also blessings, laughter, and grace abundant. You only have to look for them.
So I want to share some of the fun things that have happened lately:
1. We no longer have a TV or entertainment center, but we do have a projector that allows us to watch movies the size of our WALL. The boys thought that was pretty awesome. Not gonna lie, so did Robert and I.
2. Our house has been SPOTLESS because it’s been on the market. Not a finger print anywhere. I love a clean house.
3. I didn’t have to pick up dog poop for days because BellaBoo was at my in-laws. Yay for no poop!
4. Malakai learned a new word, “Cah.” This is in reference to my coffee cup from Starbucks. I’ll confess I’ve been frequenting this establishment way more than I should. Don’t judge me. I’m sleeping on the floor.
5. We’ve accepted an offer on our house, which means I don’t have to load our bedding in my car every morning. Yay! (Please pray for a smooth contact execution and closing period.)
6. Caedmon has become Mr. Manners. He’s had lots of practice meeting new people and now voluntarily goes up to someone, shakes their hand, and says, “Nice, ta meet you.” He’s hilarious.
7. We’ve hung out with so many friends lately, because when you know you’re time is limited, you live life differently.
8. We recently licked a building made out of salt in Grand Saline, TX. Because why not?
Y’all, I just want to say that our God is good. This journey to Kenya is definitely stretching us in ways we didn’t know needed to be stretched. It’s revealed areas in our lives that are severely lacking. And it has been better than we ever would have thought possible.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 reminds us to “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” He doesn’t just say this to be cheery. It’s because being thankful changes the way you look at things. There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. Life’s too short to miss even one opportunity to enjoy the fullness of God’s grace. So go find something to be thankful for, and experience the joy that follows.
Or you could just go lick a salt wall. That helps, too.